Thursday, January 13, 2005

Work and Wage (Ongoing) part 2

Well good for me, I quit that job. I had resigned myself to working the remaining month, though he had cut my hours in half. I needed that last month of pay to help cushion the transitory period directly following the birth of our child, but the wage from this newly cut schedule was going to damper any need I had of this remaining month of work. I went in on Monday, worked my shift, became angry when my employer showed up. He pulled up out front, looked into the shop, saw me, immediately restarted his car, and drove off. He didn't want to speak to me at all. More than likely, he knew I was pissed and that he'd done something shitty, so left, instead of facing me about it and owning up to his decision. Because of this action and the previous, where he left me a message on my answering machine about the cut hours, I returned the manner in kind and didn't bother telling him in person that I was quitting immediately. At the end of the shift, angry, I simply left him a note explaining that my resignation from his employment was immediate, and also that I regretted my decision to accept his original proposal of hiring me. So, I'm done with that guy and now feel as if I've managed to salvage just a bit of my spine in the process. I'm a grown man and am getting increasingly weary of childish treatment. Now I have a month of free nights, which is good because I have a lot to get underway involving our ever-approaching parenthood. Besides, you can't teach an old yuppie new tricks (unless they make money or show off his legs).

No comments: